theology (the·ol·o·gy) - noun, plural the·ol·o·gies.
1. the field of study and analysis that treats of God and of God's attributes
and relations to the universe; study of divine things or religious truth; divinity.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Babylonian and Sumerian
- Anu - Supreme Monarch of the Mesopotamian Gods
- Nammu - Mother of all Sumerian Gods
- Code of Ur-Nammu
- Chronology of Babylonia and Assyria
- Table of Sumerian Deities
- Ancient Near East (Babylonia) Glossary and Texts
- The Babylonian Legends Of The Creation by E. A. Wallis Budge
- The Babylonian Story Of The Deluge by E. A. Wallis Budge
- The Flood Narrative of Gilgamesh
- Old Testament Apocrypha
- Old Testament Canonical Books of the Holy Bible
- Come and Hear - Meet the Talmud and the students of the Talmud — Three and a half million words of the uncensored Talmud on line, with discussions on its place in the modern world by Elizabeth Dilling, Rabbi Dr. J. H. Hertz, Rabbi Dr. I. Epstein, Rabbi Michael Rodkinson, Rabbi Israel Brodie, Rabbi Dr. Louis Finkelstein, and many other Talmud luminaries, Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform — and your hostess, Carol A. Valentine. This website is inspired by Rabbi Professor Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the British Commonwealth, and to a lesser extent, the current President of the United States, George Bush. We are dedicated to bringing about understanding between people of different faiths.
- Josephus The Complete Works
- The Legends of the Jews
- The Book Of The Cave Of Treasures
- Abraham Chronology
- In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood by Dr. Walt Brown
- The Hydro-Plate Theory and The Great Flood
- Hebrew Myth
- The Urantia Book
- The Urantia Book - Table of Contents
- The Urantia Book - Topical Index
- The Birth Of A Divine Revelation - The Mechanical Origin of The Urantia Papers
- History of the Urantia Movement
- 64 Original Urantia Book Concepts
- UrantiaGate: The Conspiracy Hypothesis
- Urantia Namesake by Troy R. Bishop
- Time and Space by Bob Hunt, Ph.D.
- History And The New Testament by Jack Kilmon
a laymans research confirms The Urantia Book's revelations concerning the date of Jesus' birth and the date of the Star of Bethlehem
- The Urantia Book Scientific Discoveries by Dr. Kary Banks Mullis
Dr. Kary Mullis received a Nobel Prize in chemistry in 1993, for his invention of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The process, which Kary Mullis conceptualized in 1983, is hailed as one of the monumental scientific techniques of the twentieth century. The polymerase chain reaction, an elegant way to make copies of a DNA strand using the enzyme polymerase and some basic DNA "building blocks," opened the door to more in-depth study of DNA — like the Human Genome Project. Mullis shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing this technique.
- Gobekli Tepe Report Summary by Halbert Katzen, J.D.
The Urantia Book provides a history of humanity that harmonizes perfectly well with the discoveries being made at Gobekli Tepe. It presents an explanation of the Gobekli Tepe mysteries in terms of an Adam and Eve story that varies significantly from the Old Testament record, but, which the authors assert, is nonetheless the basis for many of our myths and religious traditions about the origins of humanity. Not surprisingly, because of the unusual nature and age of this archaeological site, scholars quickly began speculating on how it may relate to the religious traditions about Adam and Eve.
- Other Theological Interest
- Josephus The Complete Works
- The Works of Philo
- The Origin of Our Belief in God
- The Legends Of The Jews
- The Two Babylons by Rev. Alexander Hislop - 1853
- The Archaic Primogenitors by Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry
- Annals of Earth by Dan Sewell Ward
- Enoch & the Nephilim - Liber VII
- Gnosis by Tom Montalk
- Bible Origins
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed. embraces the Anthropological view that man has created his gods in his own image. It is understood that the Hebrews recast Mesopotamian and Canaanite myths about the gods and man's creation as there being only one god, their Yahweh. The findings of Science from the fields of Astrophysics, Geology, Archaeology, Anthropology, and Literary Criticism have concluded that the Bible is _not_ the word of God. The "forensic evidence" (physical evidence) unequivocally _contradicts_ (refutes, denies and challenges) the witness' (Bible's) testimony regarding the age of the Universe and of the Earth, how life came into being, and when this occurred. For some conservative Catholic Scholars the earth and the universe was created 5199 B.C. while some conservative Protestant scholars understand this event was in 4004 B.C. _CONTRA_ these dates (being derived from the Bible's internal chronology), Astrophysists understand from data compiled by the orbiting Hubble Space Telescope that the earth is 4 billion years old and the universe is 14 billion years old. If the Bible has the age of the earth and universe wrong what else does it have wrong? Archaeology and Geology reveals there never was a Garden of Eden or Adam and Eve, nor was there ever in the earth's geologic history a universal Noah's Flood, and the Exodus -as portrayed in the Bible- is fiction according to the findings of Archaeology. The discipline of Literary Criticism has established that Moses did not write the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Bible, in the 16th or 15th century B.C. as claimed by Jewish, Christian and Islamic traditions, the texts were composed in the 7th or 6th century B.C. The counterclaims of Christian Apologists are investigated and their "flawed methodologies" are noted (They claiming that Satan and his Demons have "misled" and "duped" the Scientists and that the Bible is a reliable witness).
- Eden's Serpent and its Pre-biblical Mesopotamian Prototypes
- Genesis' Genesis, The Hebrew Transformation of the Ancient Near Eastern Myths and Their Motifs - Part One - Part Two
- The Primary History, Genesis-2Kings: The Case for a Single Author And Observations on The Craft of Ancient History Writing
- The Primary History, Genesis-2Kings: An Exilic Composition of March-August 560 B.C.?
- The Pre-Biblical Origins of the Cherubim And The Mercy Seat Atop the Ark of the Covenant
- Exodus Memories of Southern Sinai (Linking the Archaeological Data to the Biblical Narratives)
- Dating The Pentateuch Via Hebrew As A Language
- A Critique of the Primary History, Genesis-2Kings, being a Hellenistic Creation of the Hasmoneans
- Genesis' Literary Borrowing: Adam and Eve and Their Prototypes: Enkidu and the Temple Courtesan Shamhat From the Epic of Gilgamesh - Part One - Part Two
- The Garden of Eden's Pre-biblical Prototypes: The City-gardens of Eridu and Nippur in the Edin/Eden of Sumer - Part One - Part Two
- Yahweh-Elohim "The Fornicator God" Who Became Spiritually A "Eunuch God"
- Genesis' "The Fall" Of Man And Its Pre-Biblical Origins In Mesopotamian Myths
- Why The Bible Cannot Be The Word Of God
- Parallels Between Enkidu and Adam In the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Garden of Eden
- Man's Fall From Innocence: Adam, Adapa and Enkidu
- Serpent Who Walked and Talked in the Garden of Eden - Part One - Part Two
- Dilmun-Tilmun-Telmun The Sumerian Paradise or Pre-biblical Prototype for the Garden of Eden Has Not Been Correctly Identified Yet As Of 2008 - Part One - Part Two
- The Pre-Christian Origins of The New Testament's Demons/Daemones/Daimones
- Satan's Origins: How the New Testament's Satan came to be associated with the Serpent in the Garden of Eden
- Articles and Other Expounding
- A Twisted History: The Double Helix of DNA and Genesis
- Ancient Struggle Over Holy Land Supremacy
- The Evolution of God
- Meaning of the Word Nephilim by Michael S. Heiser, PhD
- The Nephilim: Their Origins and Evolution by Petros Koutoupis
- Identified As A Prostitute?
- America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President
- Pastor Joe Wright To Kansas State Legislature
- Harmonies of Liberty - Sermon by Rev. Dr. Sharon E. Watkins
–Given at the National Prayer Service January 21, 2009
- Abraham's Three Truths of Astronomy
- Intelligent Design
- From The Ashes of Angels
Some material presented will contain links, quotes, ideologies, etc., the contents of which should be understood to first, in their whole, reflect the views or opinions of their editors, and second, are used in my personal research as "fair use" sources only, and not espousement one way or the other. Researching for 'truth' leads one all over the place...a piece here, a piece there. As a researcher, I hunt, gather and disassemble resources, trying to put all the pieces into a coherent and logical whole. I encourage you to do the same. And please remember, these pages are only my effort to collect all the pieces I can find and see if they properly fit into the 'reality aggregate'.
I've come to realize that 'truth' boils down to what we 'believe' the facts we've gathered point to. We only 'know' what we've 'experienced' firsthand. Everything else - what we read, what we watch, what we hear - is what someone else's gathered facts point to and 'they' 'believe' is 'truth', so that 'truth' seems to change in direct proportion to newly gathered facts divided by applied plausibility. Though I believe there is 'truth', until someone celestial who 'knows' all the facts parts the heavens and throws us a scroll titled "Here Are ALL The Facts And Lies In The Order They Happened," I can't know for sure exactly what "the whole truth' on any given subject is, and what applies to me applies to everyone.
~Gail Bird Allen
Review: "J," "P," "E," and "D" are the names scholars have given to some authors of the Bible, and, as such, they are very important letters to a lot of people. Churches have died and been born, and millions of people have lost faith or found it, because of the last two centuries of debate about who, exactly, wrote the canonical texts of Christianity and Judaism. Richard Elliott Friedman's survey of this debate, in Who Wrote the Bible?, may be the best written popular book about this question. Without condescension or high-flown academic language, Friedman carefully describes the history of textual criticism of the Bible--a subject on which his authority is unparalleled (Friedman has contributed voluminously to the authoritative Anchor Bible Dictionary). But this book is not just smart. Perhaps even more impressive than Friedman's erudition is his sensitivity to the power of textual criticism to influence faith. --Michael Joseph Gross Paperback: 304 pages
Review: Dr. Robert Van Voorst, Professor of New Testament Studies at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan, has written frequently on theology and ministry in various noted journals.
ANTHOLOGY OF WORLD SCRIPTURES is a comprehensive collection of scriptures from the major world religions, including: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as well as scriptures from more recent religious movements. The text presents scripture readings in context, giving you a framework that shows how each religion is actually practiced today, as well as its history, teachings, organization, ethics and rituals. The readings are supported by introductions, study questions, glossaries, and suggestions for further reading, providing additional tools for review. Paperback: 400 pages
Never in your long ascendancy will you lose the power to recognize your associates of former existences. Always, as you ascend inward in the scale of life, will you retain the ability to recognize and fraternize with the fellow beings of your previous and lower levels of experience. Each new translation or resurrection will add one more group of spirit beings to your vision range without in the least depriving you of the ability to recognize your friends and fellows of former estates.
Princess Bride 1987 Wallace Shawn (Vizzini) and Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya)
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
And here is mystery: The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality -- actuality -- of that man. The more man withdraws from God, the more nearly he approaches nonreality -- cessation of existence. When man consecrates his will to the doing of the Father's will, when man gives God all that he has, then does God make that man more than he is.
"And do you not remember that I said to you once before that, if you had your spiritual eyes anointed, you would then see the heavens opened and behold the angels of God ascending and descending? It is by the ministry of the angels that one world may be kept in touch with other worlds, for have I not repeatedly told you that I have other sheep not of this fold?"
But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience—God-consciousness.
When you are through down here, when your course has been run in temporary form on earth, when your trial trip in the flesh is finished, when the dust that composes the mortal tabernacle "returns to the earth whence it came"; then, it is revealed, the indwelling "Spirit shall return to God who gave it." There sojourns within each moral being of this planet a fragment of God, a part and parcel of divinity. It is not yet yours by right of possession, but it is designedly intended to be one with you if you survive the mortal existence.
And the greatest of all the unfathomable mysteries of God is the phenomenon of the divine indwelling of mortal minds. The manner in which the Universal Father sojourns with the creatures of time is the most profound of all universe mysteries; the divine presence in the mind of man is the mystery of mysteries.
To every spirit being and to every mortal creature in every sphere and on every world of the universe of universes, the Universal Father reveals all of his gracious and divine self that can be discerned or comprehended by such spirit beings and by such mortal creatures. God is no respecter of persons, either spiritual or material. The divine presence which any child of the universe enjoys at any given moment is limited only by the capacity of such a creature to receive and to discern the spirit actualities of the supermaterial world.
Paradise is the eternal center of the universe of universes and the abiding place of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, the Infinite Spirit, and their divine co-ordinates and associates. This central Isle is the most gigantic organized body of cosmic reality in all the master universe. Paradise is a material sphere as well as a spiritual abode. All of the intelligent creation of the Universal Father is domiciled on material abodes; hence must the absolute controlling center also be material, literal. And again it should be reiterated that spirit things and spiritual beings are real.
Culture presupposes quality of mind; culture cannot be enhanced unless mind is elevated. Superior intellect will seek a noble culture and find some way to attain such a goal. Inferior minds will spurn the highest culture even when presented to them ready-made.
True liberty is the associate of genuine self-respect; false liberty is the consort of self-admiration. True liberty is the fruit of self-control; false liberty, the assumption of self-assertion. Self-control leads to altruistic service; self-admiration tends towards the exploitation of others for the selfish aggrandizement of such a mistaken individual as is willing to sacrifice righteous attainment for the sake of possessing unjust power over his fellow beings.
How dare the self-willed creature encroach upon the rights of his fellows in the name of personal liberty when the Supreme Rulers of the universe stand back in merciful respect for these prerogatives of will and potentials of personality! No being, in the exercise of his supposed personal liberty, has a right to deprive any other being of those privileges of existence conferred by the Creators and duly respected by all their loyal associates, subordinates, and subjects.
There is no error greater than that species of self-deception which leads intelligent beings to crave the exercise of power over other beings for the purpose of depriving these persons of their natural liberties. The golden rule of human fairness cries out against all such fraud, unfairness, selfishness, and unrighteousness.