General Search Tips
- Default search content: is the body, title, and meta-description.
- Stop-terms are common terms like "it and the that...".
- Special characters like #!$%|&..etc. are allowed.
- ISO Latin-1 characters like äßçéñ..etc. are treated as english equivalents.
- Phrases: use double-quotes around search term. ("search")
- Add + in front of terms/phrases that must appear in results.
- Add - in front of terms/phrases that must not appear in results.
- The + checkbox adds a plus in front of all terms/phrases for convenience.
- The score is the percentage of matching characters in a document.
Advanced Search Tips for KSearch 1.5b
- Searching can be expanded with a wildcard (*).
Adding a * to the end of a term will match all endings. For example: 'test*' will match 'tests' 'tested' 'testing' etc.
Stop-terms are included in wildcard searches.
- Weights can be applied by adding <2-10000> in front of terms or phrases.
The query above will weight scores 100 and 500 times greater for documents containing 'term' and 'a phrase', respectively.
The scores for documents containing only 'none' will remain unchanged. The weight must be in the range of 2-10000.
Add + (inclusion) in front of weights. The results will be sorted by weighted scores.
- The following options can be placed in any order in front of the query:
c: for a case sensitive search.
w: to match whole words only.
st: to include stop-terms.
all: to add + in front of all terms/phrases.
match: score: date: size: title: or name: for the sorting choice.
5-100: for the number of results to display per page.
b: to search the body (full text) of documents.
t: to search the title of documents.
u: to search the url of documents.
alt: to search the alternate text in documents.
l: to search the links in documents.
d: to search the meta-description in documents.
k" to search the meta-keywords in documents.
au: to search the meta-author in documents.
The query above will perform a case sensitive search for 'term' and 'a phrase' in the body, title, and meta-description of documents. 15 results will be displayed per page and the results will be sorted by file size.